TuzBiber is proud to present some of the most hilarious local and global talents to your liking.
Come join us on the best English night out in Istanbul Thursday/FEBRUARY 2nd at 9:00 PM!
Aslı Akbay will host the show.
- Aslı Akbay is a comedian from London who lives in Istanbul and performs in Turkey in Turkish and in English. She has performed on many acknowledged comedy clubs in UK and USA. She has taken several shows to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the largest arts festival in the world. Aslı’s stand-up has been described as delightful, wacky and outrageous.
- Emine Yıldırım likes to think of herself as a wretched bitch but she’s really just a softie inside. She makes and writes movies and TV shows for a living but has recently found at that she loves to perform comedy. Growing up as third-culture kid she releases her demons via performing in English
- Aysegul Frame is an Oxford graduate comedian. She lived on 4 different continents and met people and animals from over 150 different nations, however now she is back in her only home Turkey, İstanbul. Her background is in Improv Comedy from London Toastmasters. She does bilingual stand up and her dream is to do Arabic comedy someday for hairless Arabic tourist who comes to Turkey for treatment.
- Ege Oztokat is a stand-up, improviser, and writer. She trained long-form improv at the Upright Citizens Brigade with Shannon O’Neill, Todd Fasen, and Monika Smith, and short-form at Yota Doğaçlama with Sevim Arat. She performs with her improv troupe Çarşamba Pazarı and hosts two podcasts: Arama Geçmişini Temizle and Ece’nin Telefonu. She can’t sing but insists on doing so.
- Daria’s comedy brings out new perspective on being a yabancı: being a Russian woman in Turkey, international dating, dealing with religious background and trying to be happy with all this
The show will be hosted at Aylak Bar Kadıkoy. This event is entirely in English and it’s for adults only – Age 18+. The last call for attending the show is 30 minutes after the show start or your tickets will be cancelled. The tickets are non-refundable.
Tickets may be available at the door depending on the capacity (cash only).