TuzBiber is proud to present the first TB English Roast Battle Istanbul event. Come join us on the best English night out on the 15th of DECEMBER at 9 PM at Aylak Bar Kadikoy!
Murat Gencoglu will host the show.
Fatih Bayrakcil vs. Hassan OJ
Jan Scott Forman vs. Ali Joa
Aysegul Frame vs. Tom Davidson
Saman Tinati vs. Ozgun Kaplama
- Jan Scott Forman came here from America on a Mavi Tour more than 20 years ago, liked what he saw, STAYED and has been sharing his uniquely hilarious perspective on being a Yabanci in modern Türkiye in English AND in Turkish…,well, in his Turkish!
- Hassan OJ is a young multilingual comedian from Pakistan who studies and works in Istanbul, He’s been here for two years but already has a lot to say, He lives for Improv comedy. He will either become a Computer engineer or a Comedian and you get to decide. He loves Turkish and Vegan people. His opinions will either make either cry or laugh, mostly both.
- Ali Jo is an Iraqi comedian and DJ living in Istanbul who’s been a die-hard fan of comedy since his childhood and will defend it until his last breath. His style of dark storytelling and joke writing is drawn from his personal experiences and his often-skewed perspective on reality. He loves exploring different cultures and mediating between them which inevitably ends up offending everyone involved.
- Saman Tinati a hilarious guy we found on the street, which explains his hair, he’s come all the way from Iran and grew up in Australia, where many comedic legends are raised. Living a long time in Turkey has given him the opportunity to be able to make intelligent jokes about the west as well as the east.
- Murat Gencoglu is a global comedian who started his comedy career at an early age in by starting the first open mic in Turkey. Fluent in humour in both Turkish and English comedy, Murat frequently travels around Europe to do shows in both Turkish and English. His dark but cute jokes will give you laughtery overload. Nowadays he is nurturing the English comedy scene in Istanbul/Turkey to create a new hub for travelling comedians to meet with Istanbul crowds.
- Aysegul Frame is an Oxford graduate comedian. She lived on 4 different continents and met people and animals from over 150 different nations, however now she is back to her only home Turkey, İstanbul. Her background is in Improv Comedy from London Toastmasters. She does bilingual stand up and her dream is to do Arabic comedy someday for hairless Arabic tourist who comes to Turkey for treatment.
- Özgün Kaplama is a comedian from Istanbul/Turkey who performs both Turkish and English. He likes fun, laughing at abnormal things and hardly laughing. He studied Public Relations and Acting. His joke style is simply awkward and inappropriate for society.
- Tom Davidson is a straight white male from both France and Great Britain. As such, he is pretty much the ultimate oppressor, and he likes to colonise crowds with laughter everywhere he goes. A former expat in China, he is joining the Straight Outta China comedy collective, ready to take the UK by storm as soon as December.
- Fatih Bayrakcil, a.k.a. Misfit Chameleon, is an English speaking comedian from the exotic town of Sivas, who thought he had an alright childhood until looking back on it to find jokes. He never quite fits in but is under the false impression that he disguises it well.
The show will be hosted at Aylak Bar Kadıkoy. The last call for attending the show is 30 minutes after the show starts or your tickets will be cancelled. The tickets are non-refundable.
Tickets may be available at the door depending on the capacity (cash only)