TB English Roast Battle Istanbul event is here! Come join us on the best English night out on the 16th of MARCH Thursday at 9 PM at Aylak Bar Kadikoy!
Murat Gencoglu will host the show.
Ayşegül Frame vs. Jan Scott Forman
Fatih Bayrakcil vs. Erinç Demir
Saman Tinati vs. Ege Öztokat
Sina Gültepe vs. Hüseyin Aydın
- Jan Scott Forman came here from America on a Mavi Tour more than 20 years ago, liked what he saw, STAYED and has been sharing his uniquely hilarious perspective on being a Yabanci in modern Türkiye in English AND in Turkish…, well, in his Turkish!
- Erinc Demir started as a guy who laughs too hard at stand-up shows. Nobody paid him for that service. People still think he looks like ‘Oflu Hoca’. Please Google. He still comes to open mics because his friends don’t open his calls. We can’t throw him out. This is getting creepy, send help.
- Murat Gencoglu is a global comedian who started his comedy career at an early age by starting the first open mic in Turkey. Fluent in humour in both Turkish and English comedy, Murat frequently travels around Europe to do shows in both Turkish and English. His dark but cute jokes will give you laughter overload. Nowadays he is nurturing the English comedy scene in Istanbul/Turkey to create a new hub for travelling comedians to meet with Istanbul crowds.
- Aysegul Frame is an Oxford graduate comedian. She lived on 4 different continents and met people and animals from over 150 different nations, however now she is back in her only home Turkey, İstanbul. Her background is in Improv Comedy from London Toastmasters. She does bilingual stand up and her dream is to do Arabic comedy someday for hairless Arabic tourist who comes to Turkey for treatment.
- Ege Oztokat is a stand-up, improviser, and writer. She trained in long-form improv and she performs with her improv troupe. She hosts two Turkish podcasts. She can’t sing but insists on doing so.
- Saman Tinati is a hilarious guy we found on the street, which explains his hair, he’s come all the way from Iran and grew up in Australia, where many comedic legends are raised.
- Fatih Bayrakcil, a.k.a. Misfit Chameleon, is an English-speaking comedian from the exotic town of Sivas, who thought he had an alright childhood until looking back on it to find jokes. He never quite fits in but is under the false impression that he disguises it well.
The show will be hosted at Aylak Bar Kadıkoy. This event is entirely in English and it’s for adults only – Age 18+. The last call for attending the show is 30 minutes after the show start or your tickets will be cancelled. All lineups are subject to last minute changes. The tickets are non-refundable.
Tickets may be available at the door depending on the capacity (cash only).